Validating the identity and credentials of healthcare practitioners poses significant revenue cycle, recruiting, physician relations and access challenges for all healthcare organizations.
About John Bass
This author has yet to write their bio.
Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud John Bass contributed a whooping 12 entries.
Our healthcare system is at an inflection point. The optimistic perspective is that it now seems more likely that the industry can come together to address many longstanding challenges that have traditionally limited our ability to deliver care in more efficient, effective ways. To succeed, innovators and enterprises need to shift from scaling up systems of record for enterprises to creating systems of shared record for collaborative networks. This transition represents the greatest healthcare opportunity in a generation.
Around five years ago, a handful of innovators, academics, and futurists began predicting the future of blockchain in healthcare and other industries. What would a decentralized healthcare delivery system look like? Will patients pay for healthcare using a programmable health coin? What will happen to all the middlemen like the GPOs and the PBMs?
Re-posted from @hashedhealth on Medium Welcome to 2019! As we think about our community’s 2019 goals and objectives in the healthcare blockchain space, I find it helps to reflect on the important and influential news of 2018. In this list, I have done my best to include projects and announcements that I consider real […]
We are accelerating towards a healthcare financial crisis in the US. For many families, it’s already here. In the last 10 years, US healthcare prices are up 22% (vs 17% for the general economy). US Healthcare expenditures are up 45% (vs 28% for the general economy). We have institutionalized a dangerous marketplace known for a […]
- HFMA Article – Distributed credentialing: The new provider mobility imperative January 6, 2021
- The Shift to Systems of Collaboration December 3, 2020
- Meetups to Startups: Hashed Health’s Evolution to a Healthcare Venture Studio October 20, 2020
- Healthcare’s New Approach to Collaboration July 23, 2020
- Blockchain in Healthcare: 2019 market update July 22, 2020
- via @hfmaorg: @johngbass on the future of physician credentialing. https://t.co/TxQPseYMzm @ProCredEx… https://t.co/U7E9TGWhl017 days ago
- The Shift from Systems of Record to Systems of Collaboration Will Define Healthcare Innovation for the Next De… https://t.co/S3hlRzOnoR51 days ago
- RT @JohnGBass: Judging for the COVID-19 Diagnostics Design-a-thon Capstone projects has begun. Really impressive submissions! As the other…52 days ago