Around five years ago, a handful of innovators, academics, and futurists began predicting the future of blockchain in healthcare and other industries. What would a decentralized healthcare delivery system look like? Will patients pay for healthcare using a programmable health coin? What will happen to all the middlemen like the GPOs and the PBMs?
About John Bass
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud John Bass contributed a whooping 10 entries.
Entries by John Bass
Re-posted from @hashedhealth on Medium Welcome to 2019! As we think about our community’s 2019 goals and objectives in the healthcare blockchain space, I find it helps to reflect on the important and influential news of 2018. In this list, I have done my best to include projects and announcements that I consider real […]
We are accelerating towards a healthcare financial crisis in the US. For many families, it’s already here. In the last 10 years, US healthcare prices are up 22% (vs 17% for the general economy). US Healthcare expenditures are up 45% (vs 28% for the general economy). We have institutionalized a dangerous marketplace known for a […]
South by Southwest (SXSW) has wrapped up in Austin, TX. This annual 10-day convergence of music, media and technology that began in 1967 has grown over the years to become known as the conference of the year for creative innovation. SXSW Interactive, the technology focused sub-conference has become the biggest, most important emerging technology conference […]
I was fortunate to have recently traveled to Tel Aviv for two Hashed Collective Events focused on the Tel Aviv digital health community. These events (a healthcare blockchain meetup hosted by EY and BeWell and the Digitalhealth-Il conference) were an incredible display of the community’s hunger to collaborate and innovate. Hashed Collective does community development […]
- Blockchain in the Healthcare Industry May 19, 2020
- Remote Work During COVID-19. Successfully Transitioning to a Virtual Office April 2, 2020
- COVID-19: HHS Announcement Sets Stage for Innovation and New Business Models March 20, 2020
- Professional Credentials Exchange Completes $3.5 Million Initial Capital Raise March 6, 2020
- Enterprise Healthcare Blockchain Consortia: PharmaLedger’s Governance First Approach February 25, 2020
- RT @ISG_News: #ISGBlockchainNow Podcast - How #blockchain could transform the #HealthcareIndustry, from promoting new levels of trust and b…8 days ago
- ISG Blockchain Now™ Podcast Episode: Blockchain in the Healthcare Industry feat @JohnGBass Listen here:… https://t.co/L2jXqbng5345 days ago
- A virtual office is still an office. We outline our 2019 experience going #remote in case it helps other small kno… https://t.co/WlHGVTfveh91 days ago