Join one of our rapidly growing portfolio companies, ProCredEX, as a Cloud Engineer.
ProCredEx is transforming clinical credentialing by creating a secure and trusted digital marketplace where healthcare and other professional organizations can buy and sell verified credentials. We are a fully funded start-up seeking a Cloud Engineer to round out the initial team.
This is a unique opportunity for a professional Cloud Engineer to get in on the ground floor of a hybrid platform that melds high-performance web applications with Block Chain Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) into an exchange.
The Cloud Engineer will drive the securing, deploying, scaling, and optimization of cloud-based applications in a Microsoft Azure cloud. The Cloud Engineer will also assist the software development team in managing code and building/deploying new releases as well as learning and helping to support the r3 Corda Enterprise Block Chain platform. Further development of corporate security policy and direct interaction with clients and partners during platform security reviews will also be required.
Cloud Engineering activities will include managing cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines. Deploying and debugging cloud initiatives as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle. Actively monitoring and trouble shooting production environments and recommending upgrade/ down grade of cloud services based on continuous cost/ benefit analysis.
The Cloud Engineer must be highly motivated, detail oriented, results driven, and able to balance system performance with budgetary considerations. This role will be responsible for managing cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines. Deploying and debugging cloud initiatives in keeping with best practices throughout the development lifecycle will also be a key job function.
This position is virtual though centered in the United States (East Coast time/ schedule) and reports to the VP of Software Product Development.
- Manage Azure Production, Development, and QA Environments.
- Size/ Scale Cloud Environments and Services.
- Configure and Deploy VMs and Appliances (e.g. Load Balancers)
- Conduct continuous security review and improvement activities.
- Assist in the development of technical operational and security policy.
- Support software development team in Dev Ops. processes.
- Learn and support r3Corda DLT Block Chain environment.
- Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year, accredited academic institution or work experience that demonstrates advanced knowledge and professionalism.
- 3 – 5 Years Cloud Management Experience (MS Azure Preferred).
- Security Certification(s) (e.g. CISSP, MS Cert.) preferred.
- Windows Server administration required.
- Deep hands-on experience with MS Azure environments, provisioning, and management required.
- Power Shell scripting required.
- Linux-based server administration experience preferred.
- Database support / management exposure preferred.
- Exposure to / general familiarity with blockchain technologies preferred.
Our firm provides an excellent opportunity for those who meet the aforementioned qualifications. We provide a collegial, positive work environment, are financially sound, and employ an outstanding group of team members that are committed to helping our business successfully meet its strategic objectives.
ProCredEx rewards members of our firm with a competitive compensation program. The firm also provides its members with a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, a 401(k) retirement savings program, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Interested candidates should forward their resume via electronic mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ProCredEx is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Principals Only. No Agencies Please.